Slot Trenching Services in Calgary, AB
Don’t dig your slot trench the old-fashioned way. There’s a faster, safer, more accurate alternative.
You know the drill. You have a slot trench to dig and a backhoe ready to do the job. But you also know that conventional digging techniques are tricky. The process is slow, removes too much soil and risks underground pipelines and other installations.
These challenges can delay your job and raise project costs every step of the way. And if you do the job manually, you risk worker injury.
Our hydrovac excavation service digs slot trenches quickly, accurately and reduces the risk of worker safety and damage to below-ground infrastructure.
Faster, Safer and More Accurate than Shovels or Backhoes
Hydrovac excavation equipment digs thin trenches quickly, with a minimum amount of backfilling. In fact, accuracy, speed and worker safety are the hallmarks of hydrovac in this application.
- What makes it faster? When pressurized water cuts into the soil, the resulting slurry is vacuumed from the excavation through a large debris hose. There’s no time-consuming digging or backfilling a lot of surrounding dirt.
- What makes it safer? The hydrovac trenching process is not labor-intensive. The pressurized water safely washes soil from the underground area, and a powerful vacuum pump puts the soil in a tank. Operators go nowhere near shovels, backhoes or deep trenches.
- What makes it more accurate? Pressurized water is injected into the ground through a handheld wand. The width of the slot can be cut to customer specification—usually 6 to 12 inches wide. And, the slot is just big enough to get the job done. This reduces the risk of damaging underground pipes or cables.
These process improvements translate into measurable benefits.
Lower Costs and Risk of Slot Trenching Tasks
You can dig a trench manually. But, it’s slow going and can drive up projects costs. Here’s how hydrovac excavation can cut the costs and time of slot trenching.
- Faster completion. Narrow trenches translate into less time to dig soil and less time to backfill it. The result: it’s easier to keep your schedule on track.
- Lower project completion costs. By digging a narrow trench to specifications, our operators spend less time on site. And, the costs for backfill, concrete encasement and asphalt patching are minimized.
- Minimal risk of injuring operators or infrastructure. Our hydrovac process is safe for humans and pipelines. High-pressure water
And, as with all of our services you can trust us to show up on time, use only the best people and equipment and do exactly what you need us to do.